Company: Flintco, LLC
Location: Austin, TX
Founded in 1908, Flintco is dynamic construction company with offices in Austin, Albuquerque, Houston, Memphis, Oklahoma City, Northwest Arkansas and Tulsa. Our mission is Building Leaders, and we strive to accomplish it through continuing education opportunities, goal setting and accountability and excellence at every level. The strength of our success rests in how we take a personal approach to each project, focusing on client goals, understanding the individual markets we serve and maximizing our national resources to their fullest extent. Our culture is based around guiding principles that have been compiled into the Flintco Ethos. Integrity, quality, safety and accountability are tenets that each Flintco employee should exemplify.
This Flintco Proposal Writer/Marketing Coordinator will provide ongoing marketing support to Flintco's Austin division by preparing proposals, quals brochures, presentations, awards entries, and other marketing collateral. This position coordinates the proposal process from initial correspondence through proposal and presentation stages. Coordinator will also assist with a variety of marketing projects in support of winning work including database management, trade shows and events, proposals and qualification packages as well as coordinate and manage area office marketing activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Special Job Dimensions
- Collaborates with BD/Mktg team on proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying RFPs and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; producing and transmitting proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives, outcomes and deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Develops interview material for teams attending client interviews.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Maintains current and historical project data in Client Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Prepares local and national construction award submissions
- Assists and provides writing for the corporate website, intranet and other marketing collateral materials as required on a periodic basis
- Supports documentation of area marketing plans on an annual basis
- Coordinates and maintains project photography
- Writes and maintains resume and project sheet database
- Manages logistics and entries for trade shows and events
- Aides with social media information
- Updates website information
- Serves as liaison with some owners to plan milestone events such as ground breakings and topping out ceremonies
- Monitors and orders proposal supplies
- Assists with market sector and other construction-related research
- Performs additional assignments as requested
The Marketing Coordinator position requires the ability to meet project deadlines without aid of supervision (Takes initiative, resourceful); flexibility in changing project priorities; highly organized and detail-oriented; work well with a wide variety of people; self-motivated and committed to meeting pre-set quality standards. The office work environment provides a safe and healthy environment, is adequately heated and cooled, is free from exposure and extreme conditions, has appropriate lighting and office furnishings, and is smoke-free and drug-free.
Experience with creative writing, advertising, journalism, marketing communications or related field Proficient with word processing software (Microsoft Office). Proficient with desktop publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent time management skills. Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures. Working knowledge of marketing databases and proposal resources files. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining level of quality service. Possess good communication skills – both verbal and written. Exhibits professional demeanor and appearance. Ability to multi-task by managing and prioritizing multiple proposals and other responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing (English, Creative Writing, Graphic Design) or related field from four-year college or university plus at least one internship or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Without a degree, three to five years of relevant A/E/C experience is required Technical training /experience in data entry software and in publishing and presentation software.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our Employee Services Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Flintco, LLC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.